ENTRIES have closed and prizes have been awarded.
Thank you to all who made such a big effort. Your entries were terrific.
Of course, you can still challenge yourself to find your way through the quiz to the answers any time you like!
- You can answer as many questions as you like.
- Do it in one go or keep coming back when you have free time.
- You’ll need a piece of paper and a pen or pencil.
- Write the question numbers down your page and the answer beside them.
- Click on the link below each question to find the answer.
- When you’ve found the answer, write it down.
- Click the back arrow to get back to the treasure hunt to continue.
Good luck and happy hunting!
GREAT HOLIDAY TREASURE HUNT QUESTIONS
1. The world’s deepest sinkhole is 662m deep. What country is it in?
2. Which country will these hands go to?
3. What is the name of this creature, the world’s earliest known animal?
4. Are cane toads native to Australia?
5. What space company is Yusaku Maezawa hoping to travel with?
6. The personality types in the test are: reserved, self-centred, a role model and …?
7. Drinking just two cans of soft drink a day can put you at high risk of developing which disease?
8. Name one country mentioned that wants to keep whaling.
9. What was the name of the rocket Neil Armstrong went to the moon in?
10. What is the name of Australia’s national anthem?
11. In Australia, what do we call hurricanes or typhoons?
12. How does the big cleanup boom get its power?
13. When will regeneration trials begin on humans?
14. How fast do meteors travel?
15. What is the name of the bravery award mentioned?
16. What year was the world’s hottest annual temperature recorded?
17. In what part of Indonesia was the lost species of tree kangaroo found?
18. What is the short name for the Australian government’s science research agency?
19. What may kangaroo tendons be used in place of in human joints?
20. What is the name of the period pterosaurs lived in?
21. What sort of farmer is Louise Morris?
22. Is this poisonous?
23. How many snakes are made each minute in this factory?
24. Who is the world-champion surfer mentioned who started the craze?
25. What is the dangly bit that stops food going into your lungs?
26. What year did Quentin Valentine start the challenge?
27. Migrants from the UK were called “Ten Pound … ”? (complete the phrase)
28. What is the scientific name of western lowland gorillas?
29. What is the Governor-General’s name?
30. Can you name the leaves camels can eat that sheep and cattle can’t?
31. Which state were the coins found in?
32. How old are the oldest of these artworks thought to be?
33. What period of history was the city from?
34. Using the fact file at the bottom of the story, how many teeth do Great Whites have?
35. What was the Endeavour’s name changed to?
36. Which country does the tribe live in?
37. What prize did Marie Curie win twice?
38. Why is the middle child becoming less common?
39. How is the frog travelling so far?
40. In which city will the Games be held?
41. What sport does Tiger Woods play?
42. How many wickets did Glenn McGrath take?
43. How many years is the deal for?
44. What team does Liz Cambage play for in the WNBA?
45. What state is NRL great Mal Meninga from?
46. How many people from Wales have won the Tour de France now?
47. What sport is this story about?
48. How many days did the race take?
49. How heavy are the Dinnie Stones?
50. What year was the famous rescue in the Southern Ocean?
Congratulations! You have completed the Kids News Great Holiday Treasure Hunt.
Don’t forget to send us your answers for the chance to win a Roald Dahl book.
Instructions for entry at the top of the quiz.